21 replies to this topic

#1 FireZealot

FireZealot

Bronze Reserve

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

Hey Guys,

I was wondering what you think playing a 3-5-2 with wing backs on the flanks would make sense.

Currently, in my 3-5-2 set up I have more attacking oriented RMs. Players like Di Maria, Farfan or Guardado. However, earlier in season I was playing Christian Maggio. Despite being nominally a worse player, I feel like his balanced contribution to the offense and defence may have been better.

For a number of FUT I've seen wing backs played in those positions, especially speedy LBs like Clichy.

What are your thoughts on the matter? Would playing a RWB Lahm make sense in a 3-5-2? I certainly like the idea of having wingers who both help out the attack AND remember they have defensive duties.

On the other hand, would chemistry be an issue? I know RWB/LWB doesn't fully fit. If I formed links with players/manager, would it be enough? I know 9 is the ideal number, but is there a realistic bar I should aim for?

Thanks!

#2 Thomasss95

Thomasss95

Silver Reserve

• Members
  • 783 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

It's very nice to have a LB or RB on LM or RM!
Especially if you choose a pacey one that can help with the attack too.
Here is my (sweaty) squad: http://www.futhead.c...squads/3429618/
Clichy and Abate help the defense, but they are also very good on attack for me.
They will need two country links and one club link, but I am not totally sure about that...

#3 FireZealot

FireZealot

Bronze Reserve

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

So if I got Phillip Lahm for RM, who would make sense for LM? For a mixed Bundesliga/Liga BBVA squad.

#4 Thomasss95

Thomasss95

Silver Reserve

• Members
  • 783 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

Could you make the squad on FUTHead and post it here?
Then it is easier to help you. :)

#5 RomaVale

RomaVale

Bronze Starter

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:36 AM

Here it is an example: http://www.futhead.c...squads/4160535/
And Barcelona's actual formation/line-up (In real life Busquets plays instead of Mascherano): http://www.futhead.c...squads/4161002/

#6 Guarin

Guarin

Bronze Star

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

You need to double the points of the position so 3-5-2 it would be 3 points doubled is 6. I think :P

#7 Raensleyar

Raensleyar

Bronze Star

• Members
  • 333 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

Really liking this. Any recommendations for some solid RWB/LWB for the EPL?

Posted Image

"The objective in football is to put the ball into the net. You should always use the path of least resistance available." - yago2k

#8 RomaVale

RomaVale

Bronze Starter

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

Really liking this. Any recommendations for some solid RWB/LWB for the EPL?

Well, Maicon is probably the best RWB for 352-formations in the whole game. As for the LWB, Clichy might do a good job, but I would rather have IF Jose Enrique if I want a defensive LM

#9 Raensleyar

Raensleyar

Bronze Star

• Members
  • 333 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

I think I like the idea of Jose Enrique in the LM position. With Maicon, my concern is his work rate. I would prefer someone more akin to Jose Enrique on the Right as well. Or, does Maicon's speed and stamina make up for his work rates? I also imagine I would have to buy a RB-RWB card for Maicon?

Looking at the numbers, it seems IF Enrique and IF Milner in LM and RM, respectively, would be pretty solid for a 3-5-2.

Posted Image

"The objective in football is to put the ball into the net. You should always use the path of least resistance available." - yago2k

#10 RomaVale

RomaVale

Bronze Starter

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

I don't know about Milner, he's slow, H/H workrates will make him get tired very fast and his def stats aren's so good. In fact he didn't play as RM in real life, he played as RAM (Right Attacking Midfielder), he's more like a playmaker than a RM.

#11 Raensleyar

Raensleyar

Bronze Star

• Members
  • 333 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

I see. Good points.

As a point of note, I currently have Valencia and Ben Arfa. Doing a stat-comparison to Ben Arfa, for the purposes of an all-around defensive RM, Larsson seems pretty decent, even though his overall is less than 80. He has better passing and better defending.

http://www.futhead.c...a/players/3606/

Posted Image

#12 rammy37

rammy37

Silver Reserve

• Members
  • 786 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

Larsson also has a dirty free kick as well!

#13 Raensleyar

Raensleyar

Bronze Star

• Members
  • 333 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

and for about 1000 coins, can't really go wrong getting him and trying him out. Also, sorry to the OP for hijacking the thread. Hopefully the discussion was helpful rather than ruinous.

Posted Image

#14 FireZealot

FireZealot

Bronze Reserve

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

This is my current squad: http://www.futhead.c...squads/3885737/

I have about 120K in coins saved up. Planned upgrades include Ramos for Mascherano, Schweinsteiger for Busquets.

Other than that it's in the air. Lahm is on the table, as well as Marcelo. I may swap out Fabregas for Ozil (I got Fabregas in a pack) for better chemistry, not sure. Not sure for my strikers either. I really like Etoo, but the lack of chemistry hurts.

EDIT: For the left, who would you suggest? Jordi Alba, Marcelo and David Alaba come to mind. For the right, in addition to Lahm there is Piszcek and Dani Alves. For the right I'm about 60% Lahm, 30% Alves and 10% Piszeck, but really have no clue for the left. For the record I have no interest in skill moves.

#15 rammy37

rammy37

Silver Reserve

• Members
  • 786 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

Marcelo looks like a perfect LM, and for the right its really up to you. If you don't use skills, Dani Alves would be no use to you. Lahm and Piszeck are viable choices though. I had Lahm, and he was good at everything (crossing, defending, shooting etc.) everything he is suppose to be good at. But I never tried Piszeck. He is not very expensive so just try him out.

#16 FireZealot

FireZealot

Bronze Reserve

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

How does the Chemistry work for RWB/LWB?

I just got Lahm, but even though his formation is green and boot orange, I have 4 chemistry. Even when I put other German or Bayern players next to Lahm, the chemistry stays at 4. Is that a bug or is there a limit since the position isnt correct?

#17 yago2k

yago2k

Bronze Star

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

How does the Chemistry work for RWB/LWB?

I just got Lahm, but even though his formation is green and boot orange, I have 4 chemistry. Even when I put other German or Bayern players next to Lahm, the chemistry stays at 4. Is that a bug or is there a limit since the position isnt correct?

First of all, make sure he's a RWB and not a RB. As RB you won't get 9 chem in RM in a 3-5-2

To get chem 9 he, as has been said, needs 6 extra chem points instead of just 3. Two country + league links plus a league link should make the trick. I'm using Abate as a RM with 9 chem, linking him with Ogbonna at right CB (+2.5 points), Marchisio as right CDM (+2.5) and Hamsik at CAM (+1). If I change Marchisio for Vidal, for example, I only get 7. As a RB I think you can't get past 5.

Lahm as a RWB can easily get to 9 with 2 german Bayern links, no matter the rest of them, and you can even get him to 9 with any 2 german Bundesliga players + any other from Bundesliga:
http://www.futhead.c.../squads/4345474

Regarding good RMs in the BPL, I'd say Sagna may not be the fastest, but he's got the defending and crossing to make him useful in attack and defense, if you value his high DWR. For a more versatile player, I'd go with Glenn Johnson. 89 pace, 83 crossing and 80 curve... he will get to crossing positions with ease and he's fast enough to get back when needed.

Still, after trying a 3-5-2 with Serie A players, the BPL feels lacking in several places. I don't know it it's just me, but I find the Serie A has the biggest amount of worthy players for any given formation of all leagues. Going 3-5-2 without the likes of Maggio, Isla, Zuñiga or Lulic is pretty hard to me :P

#18 rajan29

rajan29

Bronze Star

• Members
  • 480 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

how does Maicon gets 7 chem?? http://www.futhead.c...squads/7375042/

he gets 2.5 points each from Toure and Nasri, then 1.5 points from Santana which it adds upto 6.5 points but still he cant get 9 chemistry

#19 rammy37

rammy37

Silver Reserve

• Members
  • 786 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

Futhead does not have the correct chemistry. On your console he should be on 9 chem don't worry.
  • rajan29 likes this

#20 rajan29

rajan29

Bronze Star

• Members
  • 480 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

Thanks rammy37 :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users